Sunday, April 15, 2018

Day 26--Hamilton, Bermuda (Day #2)

Hamilton
        It's another beautiful day here on Bermuda.  Sunny, blue skies and temperature today to be in low 70's again.

Last Night:
        Cocktails again at 6:00 in Mariner Lounge followed by dinner up in Sette Mari.  We had a delightful young lady (22 years old) who was Italian but lives in London now, as our waitress.  This is Georgia's first contract working for Regent but you could never tell it.  Not only was she a hard worker but her personality was perfect for the job.  I kidded her alot but she gave it right back to me. She really made our dinner special.  Even though veal parmesan was not on the menu last night, I asked if the chef might make it for me anyway.  I told Georgia I had a photo of the way I wanted it prepared on my phone IF the chef agreed to make it.  So I quickly looked up the photo and sure enough out came Chef Uma (the chef from India).  He said he could do it, no problem.  You will see a photo of it in today's photos.  I told him it was just for one person but there were three pieces when it came out.  I gave one piece to Georgia to eat later if they would let her.  I loved it and was much better then the version that Chef Dino made us early on in the cruise.  Jane had veal scaloppine in lemon sauce and Rebecca chose a  braised chicken dish.  After dinner I retired but the girls went to the bar for a nightcap.

Today:
        On Sundays Regent has caviar and champagne in both the Compass Rose and La Veranda restaurant during breakfast hours.  We went up to La Veranda so I could have some caviar.  I also had eggs benedict while Rebecca just had scrambled eggs.
        It was another nice morning so again today I went up to do a 4 mile fast walk up on the jogging track.  That takes me an hour.  Rebecca did her exercise on the treadmill as usual.  We spent the rest of the morning reading.  Now we just finished having room service lunch of grilled chicken Caesar salads.  I finished my book, "Surviving Hell".  Great book!  Then I sat out on our balcony and read today's Dallas Morning News.  We get it printed daily for us as part of our Titanium benefits.
        The ship is sailing at 4:00 pm for Miami, 1082 statute miles from here.  We have two days at sea before arriving there on Wednesday morning.  We have been invited to a special sail-away cocktail party for the top tiers of the Seven Seas Society members.  It will be on the back of the sports deck (deck 12).  Sailing out through the narrow channel is quite nice.
        We'll meet Jane in the Mariner Lounge at 6:00 for cocktail hour as usual.  Tonight we are planning on dinner in the Compass Rose Restaurant.  There is another production show tonight in the theater.  It is "Blazing Boots", billed as a pop country rock concert performed by the production cast and ship's orchestra.  I believe this is a new show for us.  We plan on attending it.

Link to today's photos:      https://photos.app.goo.gl/d41bCpgqRnckjBNx1